EnSO has been accepted for funding within the Electronic Components and Systems For European Leadership (ECSEL - www.ecsel-ju.eu/) Joint Undertaking in collaboration with the European Union's H2020 Framework Programme (H2020/2014-2020) and National Authorities, under grant agreement n°.692482
The project will receive an ECSEL JU funding up to 18.7 M€ out of a total budget of 82 M€ completed with national fundings from Belgium (Wallonia and Flanders), CZ Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Netherlands, Spain and Switzerland.
This 4-year project will run from 1st January 2016 to 31st December 2019. EnSO was selected amongst other projects submitted in the 2015 call for innovation actions dedicated to Pilot line Projects, on the basis of its intrinsic qualities based on :
- Excellency of its consortium including universities, institutes, SMEs and large companies ;
- Developing innovative solutions , using innovative technologies in relation with the ECSEL Strategic Thrusts (http://www.ecsel-ju.eu)
- Establishing a new and realistic R&D&I environment connected with an industrial environment, such as a pilot line facility capable of manufacture;
- Producing demonstrators in sufficient volume to establish their value and potential;
- Having a deployment plan leading to production in Europe.